Searching for a new job early in your career is pretty straightforward. Talk to a few recruiters, network with friends and family, and apply to a bunch of jobs online. But what about when you are looking for a VP/C-Level role? Roles are few and far between and there is no simple playbook.
In episode 4 of Adventures in Job Seeking, I’ll talk with Phil Leslie, Chief Growth Officer, Havoc Shield (Techstars 2020) about how he navigated the process earlier this year.
1) How to navigate VC/PE firms, Executive Search firms, and other decision-makers
2) How continuity Creates Opportunity
3) How to Find No’s that lead to Yes’s
4) How to enter through The Boardroom Door & what you need to be careful about
5) How to Treat the Exec Search Funnel Like a Sales Funnel
6) How to get creative with Advisory Boards, Mentorships, and Interim work
Connect with Matt Massucci and Phil Leslie
Matt Massucci’s LinkedIn page
Phil Leslie’s LinkedIn page
Subscribe to the Talent Insights podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts (recommended for Android users), Spotify and Amazon. Watch us on YouTube—and don’t forget to rate us!